Saturday, March 26, 2011

Eat at TGI Friday's all Summer for $18!




UPDATE:  My husband and I tried to go back to TGI Fridays and use our $20 gift cards on two more entrees from the new menu to get another $20 gift card.  It doesn't work!  The gift cards are actually "value cards," similar to coupons, and they have the fine print on the back (which I never glanced at - oops!).  You can't use them with other coupons and only one per check. 

Although it's not the amazing freebie I thought it was going to be, it still was pretty dang good! 
We both ate lunch for $9 (and because the nice server split our bill, we got another $10 value card).



Okay, so my husband had to help me with this one.  I was so caught up on the Buy one Get one FREE coupon, that I couldn't quite grasp this concept until we tried it. 

TGI Friday's is having a great promotion right now.  If you order from their new menu until September this year, you get a $10 gift card.  We got $20 in gift cards for purchasing TWO items from the menu. 

My husband got the new cheeseburger that was around $9 and I got the Japanese Hibachi Steak Skewers (yum - I can also confirm that the flat iron steak is amazing!) for around $11.  We also got FREE chips and salsa for being members of the Stripes program (plus we get more freebies, coupons, and earn free meals).  Our bill was around $21 with tax and we got $20 in gift cards!  Unbelievable!

For $1 and the tip (please generously tip like the server is your grandaughter, don't give couponers a bad name!), we got a GREAT meal!  Next time we are going to order from the same menu, use our gift cards to buy dinner, then get $20 in gift cards again!

So, with the initial investment of $21, we are going to eat all summer at TGI Friday's for (basically) free!

No comments:

Post a Comment